Joined Dyson as the 8th team member on the Robotics team. Helped take the product from research prototype to consumer-grade product in retail stores.
My primary role was to develop the navigation, behavioural and systems software (C++11) for a computer vision and SLAM based robotic vacuum cleaner – Dyson 360 Eye.
- Software engineer and maintainer on Dyson’s first open source project – Ground Truth System.
- Developing and managing production line device testing software. Managing relationship with contractors and visiting manufacturing facility in Asia to oversee use.
- Responsible for software integration of Wi-Fi module on a Linux embedded system. Ensuring global regulatory compliance working with RF and compliance teams.
- Maintainer of embedded Linux build system used by 30+ engineers.
- Optimising Linux Kernel and filesystem boot time and size.