Designed for the TV show, The Big Life Fix (Series 2), the Bobbycom is a portable device that can be carried around to different locations, placed on the middle of a table and capture audio from multiple directions. In turn, this audio is transcribed to text and displayed on a smartphone using a custom app – Subtitles.
It comprises of:
- A small computer system combined with a circular ring of microphones and LEDs.
- Ring of microphones allows the device listen around 360 degrees.
- LEDs identify where the sound is coming from and act as the user interface
on what state the device is in.
- Computer system processes the audio, sends it to an Internet-based
service to be converted to text and then uses Bluetooth to send the text to
the iOS app to be read by the user.
- Rechargeable battery to allow the device to be used outside of the home.